Experience our province through its food, its culture and it's people.
Join Lori and walk through our woods and onto our beaches to forage some of the amazing bounty that our province has to offer.
Once we have finished our forage, we prepare some of our traditional foods around an open fire; all the while telling you stories and traditions around the food culture of our place.
Depending on the time of year, you can look forward to sampling Labrador arctic char, moose, mussels, cod or smoked mackerel. Always to be accompanied by traditional bread, buns and local berry preserves.
This is one of Newfoundland and Labrador’s most treasured traditions: the boil-up. For those of you that have never heard the term before, it simply means a spot of lunch and a cuppa tea boiled up over an fire. Feel free get involved, walk about and take plenty of pictures or sit and relax while we get the fire going to cook up a taste of wild Newfoundland and Labrador.
ALL YOUR DETAILS
- Availability of wild edibles to identify will depend on the season. This is a 3-4 hour experience.
- Excursions place within 1 a hour drive of St. John's. Transportation is not provided.
- This will suffice as a full meal
- Appropriate footwear and clothing necessary, extra sweaters can be arranged at time of booking, just ask.
- Please be sure to make your guide aware of any medical conditions or mobility issues that would be important for us to know.
- First aid packs and sunscreen are available but if you like, pack your own sunscreen and any additional items.
- These excursions are all weather-dependant and can be cancelled inside a 12 hour window, if this is the case your money will be fully refunded.
- Children are welcome but understand our excursion fully before you commit to including small children.
- Our time may not have bathroom facilities available as there are few public washrooms available in the area.