Forage & Fire
This experience is shaped around growing an appreciation for the land, our culture and the food ways that make up the people of Newfoundland and Labrador.
During our time together we will walk the seashore and you'll be introduced to the incredible array of wild edibles that grace our shores. Our landscape gives us the opportunity to enjoy many edibles, ranging several ecosystems from the fresh rivers, the sea and the fields.
Our time together will bring us around an open fire enjoying good food and drink. Depending on the time of year, you can look forward to a wild sampling of Labrador arctic char, moose, mussels, cod or smoked mackerel. Always to be accompanied by traditional bread, local berry preserves and wild edibles picked by you. This gives us time to share with you a taste of the old and new, from where we were, to where we are and where we are going.
Cooking around an open fire has been a way of life for us in this province for centuries and now I look forward to cooking up a taste of wild Newfoundland and Labrador for you.
ALL YOUR DETAILS
- once you purchase your excursion, is is non-refundable.
- Availability of wild edibles to identify will depend on the season.
- This is a 3-4 hour experience.
- Excursions place within 1 a hour drive of St. John's. Transportation is not provided.
- You will enjoy several courses and will suffice as a full meal
- Appropriate footwear and clothing necessary, extra sweaters can be arranged at time of booking, just ask.
- Please be sure to make your guide aware of any medical conditions or mobility issues that would be important for us to know.
- These excursions are all weather-dependent and can be cancelled inside a 12 hour window, if this is the case your money will be fully refunded.
- Children are welcome but understand our excursion fully before you commit to including small children.
- Our time may not have bathroom facilities available as there are few public washrooms available in the area.
- Your meal is mostly seafood and with the limits of cooking in nature we are unable to accommodate many allergies or aversions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.